Saturday, March 10, 2018 – Toronto, Ontario
What is the TRMC Startup Summit?
The Startup Summit is the annual Ted Rogers Management Conference’s $4000 startup pitch competition, taking place on 11 March 2018 in Toronto, ON. The venue is to be announced.
Who should apply?
The Summit is open to college & university student entrepreneurs with technology-driven enterprises in any industry yet to raise seed funding via angel investors, venture capitalists or incubators. The Summit is open to for-profit and non-profit sole proprietorships, partnerships and organizations ready to innovate, disrupt and impact.
How does it work?
Applications are submitted via our online form and video submission. Entrants will be shortlisted to the Final Three, who will then progress to the Startup Summit on March 11, where they will pitch before a judging panel and an audience of 150 university students.
- Compete to secure a $4000 cash award sponsored by the Ted Rogers Management Conference and DMZ
- Receive a business-building consultation from the DMZ to optimize technical and functional areas, and map growth strategies for your enterprise
The winner will be selected by a panel of judges who are looking at a range of criteria including growth potential, passion, disruptive ability, creativity, degree of idea development, and their presentation quality.
- Stage: Early-stage, with high-growth potential and power to disrupt or innovate
- People: Undergraduate students with a passion for entrepreneurship, and commitment towards venture
- Market: Identify a large, growing domestic market for product or service
- Strategy: Present a credible, feasible plan to scale business and reach key milestones; including how $4000 award will be used to finance operations
- Presentation: High-level presentation with engaging visual component
- Entrants must be post-secondary students enrolled in a Canadian university/college program
- Applicants must demonstrate a minimum viable product (possess sufficient value for intended user to adopt it, and demonstrates enough future benefit to retain early adopters) at time of application
- Ventures must be in pre-money stage (no financing obtained via angel investors, seed funding etc.) at time of application
- Must commit availability for Saturday, 11 March 2017 (contingent on selection)
Applications Closed: The application period ended on February 3rd, 2017 at 11:59pm. Thank you and good luck to all applicants!
- Selected finalists will receive accommodation (if required) downtown at the Ryerson Residence for the night of 10 March 2016
- Transportation (Uber) to and from the residence and Fairmont will be provided by TRMC
- Transportation expenses from in and out of Toronto will NOT be subsidized by TRMC
All submissions will be treated confidentially and will not be made available to the public. Only those directly involved in managing or judging the competition will view submitted documents. While business details will not be disclosed, the competition organizers reserve the right to publicly announce those who advance to the Startup Summit competition’s final round.